2 Corinthians 1:9 But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God.
- Life does not always make sense.
- We don't always know why certain things happen.
- Even when things don't make sense, God is still in control.
- As a result we can learn to rely on Him and not on ourselves.
PRAYER: Lord, help me to realize that it is only as I rely on You that I can be confident. Amen.
Joshua 1:9 Yes, be bold and strong! Banish fear and doubt! For remember, the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
- God is with us - That is the fact.
- We must deal ruthlessly with fear and doubt.
- We must encourage ourselves to be bold and strong, because HE is with us!
PRAYER: Lord, I will be bold and strong in the strength that You give me. Amen.
John 15:13-14Greater love has no one than this; that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends.
- God's love for us is so great that He paid the ultimate price.
- Because of God's love for us, He died for us.
- This action was a true sign of love and friendship.
- God loves you and desires that you would know Him as your friend.
PRAYER: Lord, You are so good. Thank You for dying and going to the cross so that I could be forgiven and know You better. Amen.
'Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.'
- Let's put God first in all we do and say.
- Don't be half-hearted in your approach to life.
- Give it your best and do it with all your heart.
- Remember that ultimately HE is the great rewarder.
PRAYER: Lord, help me, as I approach this new week, to do my best and do the work I do with all my heart. May I live my life in a way that pleases You. Amen.
Romans 5:2 (Living Bible)
'We confidently and joyfully look forward to actually becoming all that God has had in mind for us to be.'
- We have so much to look forward to!
- God has wonderful plans for each one of us.
- We need to anticipate with excitement, His goodness.
- We can consider it probable, likely and certain!
PRAYER: Lord, I look forward to becoming all that You have intended for me to be. I pray that You will continue working in my life to bring about Your plans and purposes. Amen.
'My sheep respond to (listen and hear) My voice, and I know who they are. They follow Me!'
- God wants to come and lead and guide you.
- Be sensitive to His voice and His leading in your life.
- Don't forget to do what He tells you to do.
- Remember, He knows you Andre.
PRAYER: Lord, lead me and guide me today and always. I am Your child and it is my heart's desire to follow You. Amen.
Proverbs 2:7 (NIV)
'He (the Lord) holds success in store for the upright!'
- God wants to supply what you need in order to make it.
- If you need wisdom, He will provide wisdom.
- If you need strength, He will come and strengthen you.
- He has what you need, so run to Him and expect His help.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You hold success in store for me. I will run to You knowing that You are able to supply me with the very things I need today. Amen.
The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.
- Here are two blessings that God wants to give you.
- The blessing of strength and the blessing of peace.
- God gives strength to those who feel weak.
- Peace is a blessing of great value!
PRAYER: Lord, I receive Your gifts of strength and peace today. I ask You to strengthen me and give me peace. Amen.
Ecclesiastes 10:10 'Using a dull ax requires great strength, so sharpen the blade.'
- Most people just do what they are required to do.
- Over time this wears you down and you can become like a blunt axe.
- But successful people always do a little more than what is required.
- In the process they stay sharp and effective.
PRAYER: Lord, help me not just to do what is required, but cause my life to be effective just like a sharpened axe is more effective. Amen.
'You have armed me with strength for the battle.'
- Sometimes it can feel like we don't have the strength for what we are facing.
- But God wants you to know that He has and will strengthen you.
- Whatever the battles may be, He will enable you.
- Receive His strength and enabling power right now.
PRAYER: Lord, I receive Your strength and enabling power right now. You, Oh Lord, know the battles that I am facing and I know that You will arm and strengthen me and cause me to walk in victory.