'Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good.'
- Here are some guidelines for a successful life.
- We should value and appreciate others.
- We should take a stand against injustice and wickedness.
- And we should hold onto what is good and that which pleases God.
PRAYER: Lord, it is my desire to live a life that honours You. May I be a 'God-pleaser' in the way I live my life today. Amen.
He (God) gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength.
- God wants to give strength and power to His people.
- God helps us by causing our strength to multiply.
- The weak, faint and weary are eligible for His strength.
- He gives power to the tired and the worn out and strength to the weak!
OUR PRAYER FOR YOU: We pray right now for all those reading this prayer. Lord, we pray that You will come and strengthen and aid them, because they need Your empowering strength, especially as they approach the end of the year. Amen.
2 Chronicles 32:7
'Be strong and courageous. Don't be frightened or terrified. Someone greater is on our side.'
- Sometimes we can begin to feel alone.
- The enemy may seem great and we may feel insignificant.
- But we have God with us!
- He is greater than any enemy you may be facing.
PRAYER: Lord, I pray that You will come and strengthen me. Help me to see things from Your perspective and help me to realize that You are with me. Amen.
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
- Are you content or are you constantly dissatisfied?
- When we learn to be content, it can be a powerful force in our lives.
- It allows us to get out of any situation, all there is in it.
- The alternative robs us of the enjoyment of what we have now.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for all You have given and provided me with. I am truly blessed. The greatest gift is simply knowing that You are with me. Amen.
'Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat.'
- Have you ever felt like this?
- Like a storm has come from nowhere and has overtaken you?
- God can use the storm to work within you and equip you for service.
- So don't despise the storm, but look for His purpose in it all.
PRAYER: Lord, when I face the storms of life, it is not always easy. But I know that even in the storm You are there and You are working things out for my good. Amen.
2 Kings 6:16
"Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."
- Sometimes we can lose perspective on our situation.
- We can think we are facing defeat when victory is around the corner.
- Do not forget that God is between you and your enemy.
- He has the final say and know that His strength is with you.
PRAYER: Lord, You are my defender. Who can be against me if You are for me? Amen.
He replied, "I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God."
- You were born into a natural family, but you can also be born in God's family.
- The purpose of life is to discover God and become His child.
- It is better to never have been born than never to have been born again.
- So give your heart and life to Him, you will not regret it.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for those things that I have done that have displeased You. I recognize that You are the one true living God and I receive You into my life. Be my Lord and Saviour. Amen.
'Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.'
- The future can be both exciting and daunting.
- Fortunately the future only comes one day at a time.
- We can manage each day, as it comes, as God strengthens us.
- Do not have one anxious thought for the future.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for allowing fear and anxiety into my heart and life. You hold the future in Your hands and that gives me the confidence I need today. Amen.
1 Peter 4:8
'Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.'
- Showing love and kindness to others is what we were designed for.
- Love covers a multitude of sins.
- It is said that: 'Faults are thick where love is thin!'
- So let us operate in the spirit of love and things will change.
PRAYER: Lord, You showed us how to really love and care for others. Help me to be able to do the same and cause me to live my life guided by love. Amen.
'From the LORD comes deliverance.'
- To what are you looking, in the hope that it/they will deliver you?
- Remember that the Lord is your deliverer.
- He is the One who will come and rescue and save you.
- He is your source and your Saviour.
PRAYER: Lord, I recognize today that You alone are my deliverer. I will remain strong in hope, knowing that You will come through for me. Amen.