Due to various reasons (mainly time constraints) we are no longer able to update the website daily we will try to update it weekly.
We thank you for your continued support and hope you enjoy some of our archive messages that will be left on the website for your enjoyment.
Ana And Andre Schoonbee
Galatians 6:1-3 quickly reveals how we should respond to the weaknesses we observe in others. It sets forth the mental attitude we are to maintain within ourselves. We must have a “Holy fear” of pride and be very careful of judging others or being critical of them.
We all have some special ability, never judge those who do not have yours, you do not have theirs.
“I tell you the truth if anyone says to this mountain, go throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart and believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. If you pray and you hold something against someone, forgive him so that your father in heaven may forgive you’
Does God want you to succeed, it’s a definite. The problem is because of our human nature, we tend to question things, doubt, not believe. Faith becomes difficult thing to reach for. The answer is that it is a choice, choose to believe that what you praying for you already received, start thanking the Lord today for things not yet seen but believe they are yet to come
"Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.'" (1 Samuel 15:22)
God will never reveal more truth about Himself until you have obeyed what you already know.
"My Upmost for His Highest"
'You will restore me to life again. You will restore me to even greater honor and comfort me once again.'
- God is in the restoration business.
- When He restores, He gives back what has been taken.
- When He restores, He reverses what has been damaged and hurt.
- So let's believe Him and expect His best in our lives.
PRAYER: Lord, You are the great restorer. I trust You to restore all areas of my life. Amen
Years ago in Scotland, the Clark family had a dream. Clark and his wife worked and saved, making plans for their nine children and themselves to travel to the United States. It had taken years, but they had finally saved enough money and had gotten passports and reservations for the whole family on a new liner to the United States.
The entire family was filled with anticipation and excitement about their new life. However, seven days before their departure, the youngest son was bitten by a dog. The doctor sewed up the boy but hung a yellow sheet on the Clarks' front door. Because of the possibility of rabies, they were being quarantined for fourteen days.
The family's dreams were dashed. They would not be able to make the trip to America as they had planned. The father, filled with disappointment and anger, stomped to the dock to watch the ship leave - without the Clark family. The father shed tears of disappointment and cursed both his son and God for their misfortune.
Five days later, the tragic news spread throughout Scotland - the mighty Titanic had sunk. The unsinkable ship had sunk, taking hundreds of lives with it. The Clark family was to have been on that ship, but because the son had been bitten by a dog, they were left behind in Scotland.
When Mr. Clark heard the news, he hugged his son and thanked him for saving the family. He thanked God for saving their lives and turning what he had felt was a tragedy into a blessing.
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)
May the Lord lead your hearts into God's love and Christ's patience. 2 Thessalonians 3:5
"All people will know that you are my followers if you love each other" (John 13:35). Stop and think about this verse for a minute. Could it be that unity is the key to reaching the world for Christ?
If unity is the key to evangelism, shouldn't it have precedence in our prayers? Should we, as Paul said, "make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace" (Ephesians 4:3 NIV)? If unity matters to God, then shouldn't unity matter to us? If unity is a priority in heaven, then shouldn't it be a priority on earth?
Nowhere, by the way, are we told to build unity. We are told simply to keep unity. From God's perspective there is but "one flock and one shepherd" (John 10:16). Unity does not need to be created; it simply needs to be protected.
How do we do that? … Does that mean we compromise our convictions? No. Does that mean we abandon the truths we cherish? No. But it does mean we look long and hard at the attitudes we carry.
In the Grip of Grace (Max Lucado)
In sy boek, Thinking for a change, sê dr. John Maxwell: "Die regte gedagte, tesame met die regte mense in die regte omgewing, op die regte tyd, vir die regte rede, lewer altyd die regte resultaat." Kom ons ontleed daardie woorde:
1) Die regte gedagte. Denke produseer idees, en idees het 'n ongelooflike krag en potensiaal. Maar elke idee begin as 'n "saadjie", en jy moet dit koester en beskerm.
2) Die regte mense. As jy die regte idee aan die regte mense bekendstel, gebeur groot dinge. In hul teenwoordigheid ontwikkel die idee en word dit versterk met moontlikhede.
3) Die regte omgewing. In die regte omgewing word denke gewaardeer, idees vloei vryelik, vars oë is welkom, veranderinge word verwag, vrae word aangemoedig, ego's word onder beheer gehou, idees stimuleer beter idees en denke genereer spanwerk.
4) Die regte tyd. Terwyl jy nog besig met die ontwikkelende stadium van 'n idee is, bied dit aan sonder verwagting, tydsraamwerke, of vaste, gedefinieerde doelwitte. Hoekom? As jy probeer om jou idee te vroeg te implementeer, sal dit dalk nie oorleef nie.
5) Die regte rede. JP Morgan het gesê: "'n Man het altyd twee redes om iets te doen: 'n goeie idee en die werklike rede." Motiewe maak saak - en selfsugtige motiewe diskwalifiseer ons. God raak net betrokke by idees wat Sy doel vervul en Sy liefde vir ander demonstreer. Soms word 'n idee groot wanneer dit deel word van 'n ander idee; ander kere is dit perfek net soos dit is. Een ding is seker: as jy jou denke strek, sal jy ontdek dat jou denke jou strek. Sielskos: Rig 7:1-9:33; Mark. 10:23-34; Ps 93; Spr. 13:7-8
In Luke 18:17 Jesus stressed the importance of being childlike? Mathew 18:3 states they are trusting, lowly , loving and forgiving. Oh how much more we will enjoy our lives if we operate in these four virtues! I encourage you to develop them in your life. God bless you Amen