Proverbs 28:13He who covers (hides) his sins will not prosper: but whosoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.
- We must never pretend to be what we are not.
- When we try to hide the wrong we have done, we do not prosper.
- But when we bring things into the light, everything changes.
- It is then that God can step into our situation and flood it with His mercy.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for the things that I have done that have not pleased You. Flood my life with Your mercy, I pray. Amen.
'Let your light shine in front of people. Then they will see the good that you do and praise your Father in heaven.'
- Be an example in all you say and do.
- Shine, like a bright light to those around.
- Let them see that you are different.
- Remember, a small candle delivers a lot of light.
PRAYER: Lord, cause my life to reflect Your light and may people be attracted to You in the process. Amen
'I answered them by saying, 'The God of heaven will give us success!'
- Success is something God wants to give you.
- However, we do all face disappointments sometimes.
- Don't allow the disappointments in life to make you bitter.
- Forgive, bless and move on to the next success God has for you.
PRAYER: Lord, ultimately You, oh Lord, are the One who gives me success. Bless the work of my hands and cause me to walk each day in Your favour and blessing. Amen.
I urgently needed a few days off work, but I knew the Boss would not allow me to take a leave. I thought that maybe if I acted "CRAZY" then he would tell me to take a few days off.
So I hung upside down from the ceiling and made funny noises.
My co-worker (who's blonde) asked me what I was doing? I told her that I was pretending to be a light bulb so that the Boss would think I was "CRAZY" and give me a few days off.
A few minutes later the Boss came into the office and asked "What are you doing ?" I told him I was a light bulb.
He said "You are clearly stressed out. Go home and recuperate for a Couple of days."
I jumped down and walked out of the office. When my co-worker (the Blonde) followed me, the Boss said to her, "And where do you think You're going?"
(You're gonna love this...)
She said, "I'm going home too, I can't work in the dark!"